Logistics in the business area Primary Metal is commercially and operationally responsible for the optimised flow of inbound raw materials and outbound aluminium products to and from Norwegian plants. We handle a highly complex value chain together with a wide range of internal clients and stakeholders. We are currently 20 people with experience in shipping, land transport, project management and operations, located in Oslo, Sunndal and Karmøy.
This newly established position as Logistics Manager is dedicated to our inbound flow of raw materials. You will play a key role in optimizing a highly complex inbound trade system, rigged to serve the need the next generation aluminium producer.
Area of Responsibility
To succeed in this role, we believe you have experience in managing complex projects, identifying improvement initiatives, carrying out tenders and negotiations. The ideal candidate has a thorough and practical understanding of logistics processes, combined with the ability to see strategic perspectives and implications.
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Identify and implement logistics initiatives for the inbound flow of raw materials
– Lead and participate in complex cross-functional projects within logistics and sourcing-related activities
– Participate in and lead tender activities and negotiations with logistics suppliers
– Contract ownership and supplier relationship management
– Contribute to the successful implementation of logistics strategies
– Participate in procurement activities with a focus on process improvements and optimized flow
– You will report to the Head of Shipping and Inbound Logistics, and work closely with colleagues in logistics, strategic sourcing and procurement.
– Education at MSc level
– Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience in logistics, consulting or project management, both on operational and commercial levels
– Project management exposure, with focus on work processes
– Documented results in identifying potential and delivering on improvement initiatives
– Ability to develop and implement work processes and strategies
– Proven negotiation skills
– Value chain overview and understanding
– Knowledge and understanding of ERP and IT systems
– Excellent command of English and Norwegian, oral and written
– Highly systematic and analytical mindset
– Proactive, operational and solution oriented
– Strong communication skills
– Commercial aptitude
– Drive to work independently and meet deadlines
– The position offers excellent opportunities for further development in Hydro¿s logistics organization.
Some travelling will be expected.